Tuesday, November 11, 2008

I can't hear you

So yesterday afternoon, I was trying to sneak in a few minutes to read my book while the kids were playing by themselves. Soon enough, Emma found me on the couch and asked what I was doing. I told her, "I am reading a book".
She of course asked, "Will you read it to me?".
I replied, "No, this is just a book for Mommy to read to myself because I like to read."
She said, " I don't hear you reading."
I said, "I am reading silently; to myself."

She thought and then put her ear up to my ear and listened. Then she said, " I still can't hear you reading.".

I guess when your 4 and your total concept of reading for you is to have someone read aloud to you or to read aloud to yourself; it's a little confusing to see somebody reading silently!

6 comments:

Mandy Leigh said...

so cute!

Philip said...

Okay so I have to comment on that. DeAnne was telling me about this yesterday and this has to be one of the funniest things I have ever heard ----- and I am telling you those youngins are funny. But to put your ear up to someone's head ----- now that is funny, I don't care who you are. The whole family started laughing saying that was like the dufflepuds (if any of you get the Dawn Treader reference you will laugh as well).

Jennifer said...

Both kids have held the phone "out" for Aunt Karen to "see" what they were talking about. They are all so funny.

Buckingham Palace said...

haha... i love it!

Unknown said...

That's my Emma, always thinking! Makes perfect sense to 4 yr. olds!

Bman said...

That is soo funny.