Friday, November 14, 2008

And five becomes....

Six!

"The Chryst family is here and my mommy is having a baby" exclaims Peter. That is what Peter said to the very first person he saw after we entered the doors of the OB office last Friday afternoon.
Philip and I have kept the news quiet of my pregnancy in anticipation of this first visit. We sprang the news on the kids in the parking lot moments before my appt. The kids were excited to say the least. For every person they saw they all shared that "my mommy is having a baby". Ryan, however, was announcing to everyone, "I'm so excited. I'm having a baby.". Needless, to say they filled the waiting room with joy and excitement over the new idea of a baby brother or sister.

They were fascinated by the ultrasound and who couldn't be. Even though this was my 4th one, I am continued to be amazed by the wonder of pregnancy. Even after 10 short weeks of development, this baby has a distinguishable head, arms, legs, heart beat and ear.

It has been neat to absorb all the comments from the kids as the day has progressed.
Peter has been very practical. As I was getting my blood pressure taken just beside the waiting room, I hear Peter saying, "Oh- Where is the baby going to sleep?" Philip responds, "what do you think?". Peter thinks, " Oh, we still have Ryan's crib. It's in the attic. You'll have to get it down for the new baby.".

Emma has been quietly planning. She will keep to herself for a while and then comes out with," I know where the baby bottles are. We should get them down." " I have 3 blankets. I will give the baby one of mine.". "There are 4 of us now. Peter can take care of Ryan. Daddy will take care of mommy and I(Emma) will take of the baby." "Oh, you're going to get a really big tummy." She wants to know who is going to take care of them when we have to go to the hospital. She wants to know what will the baby's pj's look like. She knows where the baby toys are kept. Since the concept of time is basically irrelevant to her I have been telling her that the baby will not be born until after her birthday(May 27th) and we really don't need to get ready until she turns 5.

Ryan- well he's reacting like a typical 2 year old. "I'm excited. I'm going to have a baby."!

So I am indeed blessed to be pregnant for the 4th time. We are expecting this bundle of joy to come on June 11th. It happens to be my father's birthday but I wouldn't mind if the baby didn't quite make it that long.

3 comments:

Mandy Leigh said...

i love how everyone's personalities came out! Including Philips :-) Just for the record...I'M SO HAPPY THERE'S GOING TO BE ANOTHER CHRYST!!!

Buckingham Palace said...

YAY!

Unknown said...

Granny and Poppop are sooo excited too. Granny has been suffering from empty arms syndrome! What an awesome addition to an already awesome family!!