Saturday, November 15, 2008

Calzones

I was inspired last week to try out homemade Calzones for dinner. My good friend, Michelle, gave me the idea and lead me through the steps (via email).
The were easy to make and very yummy. I started out with the frozen white bread loaves (from Walmart). After the loaves thawed out, Emma and I set to work rolling and stretching them out. That was surprisingly harder than I expected and I was truly tempted to try and toss them in the air! After filling them with pizza sauce, cheese and left over smoked sausage, they baked beautifully in the oven for 14 minutes. I definitely have some techniques to master as some of the calzones opened while baking! Philip declared them a definite "keeper" to my list of meals. I am very sure the kids liked them because there was little talking and mischief at the table.

Thanks Michelle!

2 comments:

Mollie said...

Those look yummy!

Mandy Leigh said...

i like how you know that it was good :-) i'll have to try that Michelle Buckingham recipe