Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Emma's future

Just a few mornings ago, Emma sleepily walked out of her room and found herself a spot on my lap in the kitchen. We were just sitting there; waking up; warming up and talking to the boys. Out of the blue she tells me.I have decided that I will have 2 job when I grow up. My first job will be to "tell people about God". My second job will be to work at the post office.
The man that I am going to marry will have 4 jobs. He will drive a train. His second job will be to be a stamp collector. His third job will be to fix trains and his fourth job will be to tell people about God in China. So together we will have 6 jobs. She also added that her children will have jobs. They will have to make their beds. Her monologue got a bit side tracked when Peter corrected her and said that children don't have jobs they have chores. She did continue a bit to include that either I or my mother would be caring for her children while she's working!

Wow- she really has been thinking. The train conductor deal comes from a story that my grandfather just told the kids a few weeks ago. Grandpa was telling them that his father was a train conductor. The stamp collecting comes from Peter. He has started to collect stamps.
China comes from one of our very first lessons last year. For some reason it has stuck with her all this time.
Now that I think about it, Emma really does like to talk about the future and make lists. I wonder if this is a an inherited trait?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I wonder.....
Tell her of course we'll take care of her kids!!! We both can move in with her!! How precious that conversation is and I am so grateful to God that you take the time to really listen to those conversations. Three cheers for the home team!!