Wednesday, August 29, 2007

5 yr check

Well, a week has past, and I am certainly not being as up to date as I had hoped...you have to start somewhere, right?
At Peter's appt. Dr. Cates (who knew we were homeschooling) asked Peter what has learned in school this week. He went on to tell her about China. They don't believe in God; Panda bears live there; their government doesn't allow Christians to come and visit. Meanwhile, Emma is trying desperately to get a word in edge wise. Dr. Cates gives her some attention and Emma asks if she has a plane because you have to have a plane in order to visit China because it is so far away!
Later in the evening, I was reading the Roxboro paper and an elementary school principal was quoted reflecting on his first day of school. He said, "they arrived, ate lunch, and went home: everything was great". I felt warm inside knowing that my children were spouting off to their doctor about China after their first day of school!

No comments: