Thursday, September 2, 2010

The moment....

The kids and I were beginning our morning with our Bible reading and Devotion book. Today's devotion was centered on the verse from James, "Faith without works is dead". It was truly a timely lesson. Shortly before we sat down to read together, I explained to Emma that I knew of a little girl who wears Emma's size that needed some clothes that were suitable for church. I had just bought Emma 3 skirts for this fall. I asked her to pick one out that she could give to this little girl. Maturely, Emma picked one and explained, "I picked the one with the pink plaid because I think she would really like this one. I didn't think she would like the blue plaid as much and I still have the purple plaid. So I picked one thinking of her and not thinking which one did I not want." It wasn't until we read our devotional story that I got chills. The story was about giving clothes to those whom you know needs them. She immediately responded by connecting what we read to what she just did. Conversations continued and I read a little more. And then The MOMENT....Emma said, "I know about God in my head and all that stuff. But I want to really feel Him."
As soon as she said that I knew this was important; I knew this required a response; I knew this was the moment that many parents hope for.
So we prayed. We joined hands and asked the God that we know about to show Himself to us in a way that we could not explain otherwise and allow us to feel His presence in a new way.

3 comments:

tduncan said...

Gave me chills to read this post. What a beautiful, spirit filled moment in your home. Please let Emma know that she has friends praying for her vision of the Lord's presence to become clear to her.

Mandy Leigh said...

beautiful

Unknown said...

Wow DeAnne, that must have been an awesome moment. Thank you for hearing and listening to her responce. You a truly a Godly women and mom!