Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Before

Twas the night before the 2 Chryst men, 1 Philips (brother- in- law) and 4 children under the age of 8 ventured out into the Great Smokey Mnts for 4 nights and 19 miles. This trip has been talked about - dreamed about - planned for and long anticipated! The count down chain has been completed. Now all that's left is for the little campers to be aroused from their slumber at 5am so the adventure of their lives can play itself out. I hope the men will remember to take pictures and maybe even a movie or two. In case they don't, I had to at least snap a few before pictures!Ryan's expression tells it all. His first camping experience and he already knows it all. He has told many this week that his Uncle Pete is going to fight off all the bears except for the one he will be bringing home for a pet.
Peter's backpack is filled to the absolute brim. He must rise to the occasion and pray for strong shoulders! He is truly anxious for nothing.
A ray of sunshine in the midst of 3 boys and 3 men. I wouldn't want to be in her place for an instant. I can't even begin to imagine what this little girl will be like when she grows into a young lady. Being able to handle herself with poise and dignity, yet endure with all this testosterone. She's a brave little girl!
They are truly stronger than I! I can't wait for them to be back home under my wings.

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

PRECIOUS!! I hope they all have a great time!!

Unknown said...

I know they are excited but I too will be glad when they are at home with their mommy!!!!! I know they will have a blast and stay together, but oh, yes, Home with Mommy!!!

Mandy Leigh said...

i can't wait to hear about it!!!