Tuesday, January 19, 2010

My three amigos


I sometimes pause and realize that I have three boys. That makes me think of muddy clothes, lots of food, noise, wide open spaces, Star Wars, shooting each other and well the list could go on and on. I have 3 boys. Sometimes, I just need to say it again and again to let it slip into my mind. What is somebody like me, who had only a sister, going to do with 3 boys. I have no idea. I pray that we always live somewhere where we have a backyard with wide open spaces, a safe place for exploration and trees.
Forgive me if I've written about this before. There was a Dr. appt. I had sometime in February of last year. The scales showed that I had gained 6 lbs in 4 weeks. I was a tad upset (for a variety of reasons)! Honestly, one being that I knew that this meant I was having a boy. It was just one of those things that I just knew; I wasn't 100% sure. This happened to also be the day that Philip's car died by the way. I was quite upset when I got home- about the weight - about not having a girl. Philip lovingly told me, "Sweetheart, boys will always take good care of their mothers". I knew what he meant. He didn't mean that girls won't. I have seen from his life and his brother's that those boys DO take care of their mothers. I'm not exactly sure why I'm writing this but it was just on my mind and so here you have it!
Maybe it's because we've been looking through old photos lately. Oh my- do these boys look like they fell from the same apple tree. Maybe it's because of the long conversation I had with Peter this morning. He just couldn't understand why Ryan loves to play with his Star Wars Legos. Maybe it's because Emma's been sick for 4 days and somewhat "out of the picture" on the couch.

No comments: