Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Baby food business

Nathan has come a long way in his experience with food over the last two weeks. He started like this
After about 3 days of trying rice cereal, I relented to the fact that my baby boy may be interested in something with a little flavor. So I whipped up a leftover sweet potato. Nathan went to town (as they say). I realized quickly that our food budget will be going up!

We moved quickly from the sweet potato to mashed bananas to green beans and to butternut squash. After he devoured an entire banana with little interest in the rice cereal, I ground some oatmeal we had in the pantry.

Can you tell that he's a little more interested?

This morning Ryan fed Nathan, Emma restrained his hands and I smiled on the inside!
I toyed with the idea of actually purchasing baby food (as a supplement) this time around. After seeing how much this boy can already put away, I quickly did the math and realized that it would cost at least $1.50 per meal to fill him up. I'm way too much of a cheap skate to dish that out. So I'm in the baby food making business again.

No comments: