Saturday, August 8, 2009

Soccer camp

Peter participated in the Parks and Rec's soccer camp this past week. They practiced from 9- 11am out in the blazing sun. He did a great job. It is still very awkward for me to leave him in places like this. I mean I just dropped him off with "coach" (whom I didn't know his name) and said, "I'll be back in 2 hours". My heart strings were tugged as we walked off to the park down the road. The second day Peter said to me, "You don't have to go with me. You can just drop me off.". That was even worse on my little heart! But then on the third day with a little twinkle in his eye he said, "You just feed Nathan. Do you want to stay and watch for a little while?". Music to my ears! Although Peter is now 7 years old I'm glad he still needs me and looks to me for support. Many times I think we allow our kids to grow up just too fast!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

How very precious!