Thursday, August 6, 2009

Happy birthday

I can't believe that Peter is turning 7 today. I think the hardest part for me to get my head around is that I have been a mom for 7 years. I really don't feel old enough to have a 7 year old. It amazes me how much he has grown and matured over the last year. He is really shaping up to be a very smart guy. Just yesterday, he wanted me to "quiz" him on the medieval times. I had to rack my brain trying to remember what and when we read anything about the medieval times. He answered every question like he was reading it straight from the history book. These are my two favorite pictures of Peter. HE is full of energy and adventure. He has a desire to take over the world and to be a scientist and detective. He loves comic books, Star Wars, legos, riding his bike, swimming, hiking and reading. Admittedly, I do get frustrated with him at times. His imagination will take him on an adventure around the world. He is full of "what if" questions and constantly asking them. At the same time he can be nurturing, caring, gentle, compassionate, sensitive, repentant and loving.

Happy birthday Peter.
You are truly a blessing from the Lord.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Spoken like the wonderful, loving mom you are! He is definitely amazing!