Sunday, December 21, 2008

Sickness....

We had a wonderful visit to Charlotte this week. I love going to see Philip's family. There is always great conversations, great food, games to play, shopping to do, eating out and this time cookies to bake. We tried a new restaurant this time; Hawthorne's. It was great. The only bad thing is I'll have to drive to Charlotte to get those yummy sweet wings that I can't seem to get out of my mind. Upon arriving home and removing some very tired young people out of the car I noticed that Ryan was a bit warm. Sure enough- he awoke from his nap with a slight fever on Friday night. Without going into too many details, they seem to have all come down with something. Ryan is walking around saying, "I got a beaver". He means fever! So for the first time that I can ever remember, all 3 kids are sick and we are staying home from church.
I'm glad for Sunday morning cartoons and a little extra time to catch up on laundry. Soon I'll break out our Bible card games that the kids just got and we'll have a home church. Peter already offered to preach!

No comments: