Sunday, December 14, 2008

A baby spotting

Well, the inevitable has finally happened; twice in one week. Earlier this week a friend was over in the evening and lovingly mentioned, "Oh, I can see the baby". Granted this was one of the nicest ways that I have experienced someone saying, "your belly is getting big!". I agreed that in the evenings the "baby" was good at making itself visible. However, somewhere between then and today the "baby" is making itself visible throughout the day. This morning at church, there was another sighting. So at 14 weeks, I am officially showing! I can't believe it has happened this early.
Although, my first trimester was hardly anything to complain about it is nice to have some energy back. However the indigestion has carried itself through and is helping me to not eat so much. At least, if I would listen to my body, I would know not to eat that second helping. I have yet to really experience any cravings. Well, there was a hot fudge sunday from McDonald's that I really wanted but that was only once! I am sure that even before I would have registered as pregnant, my coffee taste buds were turned off. I can now mildly enjoy a small half a cup of coffee if I really need a pick me up but it is nothing like before. Oh the joys of pregnancy!
I heard the heart beat on Thursday. It was 162! So I can't remember if that's fast or slow or if that means a boy or a girl....either way it's always reassuring to hear that lovely sound.

3 comments:

Mollie said...

I want to see!! You need to do belly shots along with your ticker!

Sheila said...

Fast heartbeat= girl! :o)

tduncan said...

Yup- I agree, fast hearbeat a girl! Lovebug stayed in the 160's the entire time.