Wednesday, February 6, 2013

The unknown

Sometime ago I skimmed the pages of one of those homeschooling books that advocates for denim skirts, reading only the classics, making fresh bread and all the other things that go along with that! One chapter that I did spend a little more time reading had to do with boys! I don't remember too much from this book but I do remember their advice. If your family includes boys seriously consider moving to an area where you can have a small farm. Boys need to be kept busy and productive!

On this point, I couldn't agree with the authors any more. There's a part of me that would love to have a small farm.

And since there is no small farm in our near future, I suppose we will make do with what we have!

I have not been included in the planning sessions for what will be occurring with this pile of red clay nor have I been privy to how long this project will continue. I've just been handed over loads and loads of very dirty jeans. I suppose when you live in NC and you have a few warm winter days, there's no telling what will happen when you are encouraged to enjoy the sunshine.

No comments: