Saturday, December 1, 2012

Thanksgiving recap

The time spent with my parents and sister at Thanksgiving could hardly have been any better. The weather was perfect; the company superb and the food delicisious. We started our time together at the coast. A friend brought a couple of skim boards to the beach. Peter couldn't resist trying them out even though he was wearing pants and a long sleeve shirt. He was a little wet by the time we left.

The kids spent the majority of their time outdoors exploring the woods and building forts, playing basketball and taking Maggie for lots of walks.

Philip was brave enough to take 6 kids out on the water with 1 canoe and 2 kayacks. I think this might have been the highlight of the trip for everyone. They boated their way from my parents house through the intracoastal waterway and docked. They tried to walk nonchalantly until they reached the main road to the ocean. They made it back to my parents only slightly past nightfall.

We even took time to take a group picture! You'll have to make sure you're on my parents Christmas card list to receive the real deal shot!

We all found a lot to be thankful for this week. I truly understand the blessings that God has graciously given to my family.

No comments: