Friday, November 2, 2012

Halloween

Halloween is not my favorite holiday.  Our candy bucket was already full; I had a full gallon size zip lock bag full of candy stored away in the pantry.  It was a chilly evening.  I could have skipped the whole evening of trick-or- treating if it was not for the invitation to join friends in their neighborhood.  So it was for the camaraderie of friendship and the fun of it for the kids that we donned costumes and heading out with the throngs of Roxboro.
I am truly thankful the the kids don't seem to mind our mediocre attempts at costumes.  I'm pretty sure that Emma has been a fairy for about 3 years now.  Ryan is a fierce pirate - ready to take on the world. 

Nathan is a farmer with an axe.  This axe is something Philip made and somehow it became part of Nathan's costume.  I was just very glad that he agreed to wear pants and a jacket.

I suppose somewhere in their imaginations they see themselves as who they are trying to be personify since their costumes are a bit simple!  I'm truly thankful that they really don't ask for anything more.

Peter did join us and he was wearing a costume as well. Somehow he had vanished when we were taking pictures.

No comments: