Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Happy Birthday!

Today is Philip's birthday! We've never been huge birthday celebrator's but with kids in the house it is a different story. We started our preparations yesterday. The kids utilized their writing skills to script "birthday letters" instead of cards this year. It was neat to be able to tie a writing lesson into a very practical and desirable gift.

After the writing was finished up, we tackled the infamous Angel Pie. It's a requirement for the birthday boy. I'm glad that over the years his mom has given me the proper tools to make this job a bit easier. It's a challenging pie to make! I hope that it's not too long before my little helpers take over the honor!

In between planning for birthday celebrations, we have been preparing for the annual camping excursion. The kids and I did the shopping this year. I have a feeling that I bought a bit more than what Philip would have liked. I can't help it. I don't want my babies to be hungry.

No comments: