Wednesday, January 18, 2012

When 6 becomes 4

When my mom left here following Christmas, she explained to Nathan that when we got back from Boone he could come to her house. Well as they say in Roxboro, this little guy is smart. At least once a day while we were in Boone, Nathan asked if we could go home so he could go to Granny's house and feed Maggie (their dog). Although there were many tears from him as we were packing up and preparing to leave "his Boone house", as soon as we pulled into our driveway he declares that it's time to go to Granny's house. Thankfully, my parents were open to the having Ryan and Nathan spend some time with them this week. I don't know if I could have held Nathan off any longer.
Ryan got to join in on the fun while promising to serve as interpreter and to do all his school work that I sent along! It's been a long time since Philip and I have had just Peter and Emma to ourselves. It's been such a blessing to spend these few days with just the big kids. I miss my little guys. I'm thankful that they are soaking up some undivided attention from their grandparents and I hope they are filling up their grandparents hearts with love. It's been really quiet around here. The Lord has used this time and extra room in my brain to speak gentle words of encouragement to me. I am thankful.

No comments: