Monday, November 14, 2011

West Virginia excursion

The kids and I took a quick fall trip to WV to spend some time with my sister and her kids. This time with my sister is so enjoyable. The kids play together wonderfully, for the most part!
Nathan and I got to babysit baby Calvin while my sister took the other 6 to a homeschool class.
Somehow, I think I got the better end of that deal. Even if it meant trying for over an hour to convince Calvin that drinking from a bottle wasn't really that bad. Unfortunately, I lost that battle and called my sister so she could come home a bit early.
That was the smiling Calvin before he figured out that I only had a bottle to offer him.
Two outtakes from my attempts at getting 8 kids to look at the camera and smile at the same time! You'll have to wait for my parents Christmas card to see the best attempt!
It's always hard to be the one who has to bring the kids back to reality, pack the suitcases and drive away. I am so thankful that they are only 5 hours and not 15 hours away.

1 comment:

Mandy Leigh said...

GREAT post! and great pictures as always :-)