Wednesday, June 2, 2010

memories

I remember taking a walk with Philip after we had been married a short while and out of school for a year or so. We were talking about relationships - friendships really. I was frustrated because I didn't seem to be making friends in Wilmington. My life seemed a bit lonely. I remember walking and talking with Philip as he reminded me of the gift I had been given during college of amazing girlfriends. We talked about who we thought we'd still be friends with 10 years from then. The friends I pictured in my head are these amazing friends that I had the privileged of spending the Memorial Day weekend with. I remember Philip encouraging me to be intentional with those college friends that I thought I'd want to know for the rest of my life. I'm so thankful for his advice and for my "appgirl" friends. We've traveled; we've married; we've been pregnant; we've had babies; we've been back to school; we've struggled; we've had highs and lows; we've kept in touch and loved each other through our yahoo group email and through reunions. We can spend from Friday afternoon to Sunday afternoon together with no tv and no radio and just talk! It's wonderful and truly a blessing.

2 comments:

Jen D. said...

Well said! Had such a great time with you and everyone! I miss everyone already! Love you!

Unknown said...

You all are very blessed to have each other!