Wednesday, May 5, 2010

37 pages

Well, the delivery of the final paper did come one day past expected (with permission from the the professor). A whopping 37 pages total; Philip's final graduate paper or perhaps book!The irony of it all is in who he ran into upon delivering this completed work - Dr. Warren Smith. Dr. Smith was Philip's adviser and professor of Church History course.
Philip shared the good news with Dr. Smith, "I just turned in my final Div school paper.".
Dr. Smith replied, "Congrats, now you should come back for your Doctorate of Ministry".
"Duke doesn't have a D.Min program."
"Oh, but we will in the next year and you would be a great candidate."

What are the chances of that encounter....I enjoyed my first morning of having a husband who only has a full time job. I wasn't awakened between the hours of 3-5am with a good bye kiss. Instead, I was given a baby whom already had a clean diaper. I was surprised with the delivery of a latte' mid morning! I think I could get used this pretty quickly.

No comments: