Monday, April 5, 2010

She's off

For some reason, on Saturday, I told Emma we were going to give her bike a few runs. She's been very close to having two wheels down pat last fall. She told me she was scared to try but I was able to get her through two runs. Then Philip came outside; gave her a big pep talk. The rest was history. With a great cheer leading squad on her side, Emma quickly took off and left us in the dust.
It made a mother proud to watch Emma master the skill of riding her bike. It made me smile to see Peter helping her get started, running beside her and returning her bike to the starting place.
The best part was the life lesson that Emma learned when she repeatedly told me, "I couldn't have done it if Daddy wasn't encouraging me.". I knew that Emma responded well to encouraging words but I didn't realize how well. She has been on her bike for 3 days straight!
Not too far behind her is Ryan. I'll have to get some pictures of him. If he could stay focused on where he was going, he would be buzzing around the house on two wheels too.

2 comments:

Mandy Leigh said...

that's so great! i'm proud of Emma!!! and i love seeing Peter smiling while watching her go :-)

Jennifer said...

Yay Emmaa!! Maybe she can encourage Aubree!! And what a great big brother, too.