Sunday, April 18, 2010

her thumb


It was Wednesday afternoon when Emma came knocking on the back door. She wasn't quite crying but I could tell she was upset about something. I refrained from asking her use the garage door because of a hunch. Sure enough she came in and said, "I feel off my bike into the fence and hurt my thumb.". It was obvious that her thumb was dislocated. Our good (and properly credentialed) friend came over right away. He got her thumb going in the right direction but wasn't convinced that that was the end of the story. We then made a visit to urgent care. Long story short, on top of dislocating her thumb she has a chipped bone. We will continue on next week with a trip to the Orthopedist. She's a trooper and hardly mentions any pain. It's her right thumb so she's enjoyed the extra attention and help she gets!
Oh, yes, I did agree to the kids running through the sprinkler! I'm trying to say Yes more often... lucky them.

1 comment:

Buckingham Palace said...

Oh NO! poor Emma. just the thought of someone putting it back into position makes me gag. She is a tough kid!