Monday, December 7, 2009

Ode to Joy

Can you hear the music coming from our home? If I was clever enough I would attach this song to my post. Today is party day here in the Chryst home. We have made it through 7 out of 8 semesters. Well, I should clarify, at 5pm when all 40 pages have been turned in then Philip will have completed his semester. For us at home, we are already breathing easier just know that today is the day. I can remember this day 3 years ago when Philip completed his first semester. I remember him saying, "Sweetheart, I'm 1/8th of the way through.". Holy cow, we have come a long way. I think this semester comes in a very close second (in hardness) to that first one. I am so glad that things got easier before we got slammed with this semester. I mean I even thought it would be a good idea to have a 4th child! Thank God for his divine providence that Nathan was born over the summer and he has been a dream baby.
I remember the day that I wrote this post. I am not positive but I think I did succeed in cherishing this semester more than I begrudged it. I still take the time to rock Nathan a little bit longer than I know I "should" sometimes. I savor his baby sweetness and intentionally get down on the floor to play with him when I should have been preparing dinner. I am a bit teary eyed though when I read that post. It's tempting to think of all that I didn't accomplish but I will not. In fact, since it's 6:50am and the kids are still asleep, I think I have just decided that we will not crack open all our books today. We will celebrate; laugh together; read together; play together and wait for the door to open and Philip to walk through. Then we will continue to celebrate - at least until it's time to go to Cub Scouts!
I am proud of you , Philip. You have worked incredibly hard this semester. I am truly in awe of all you do for our family, the church and those around you. I may be a bit biased but you are an incredible man with a heavy load to carry that doesn't seem to dampen that smile of yours. We love you.

2 comments:

KF said...

Congratulations to the ENTIRE family! Glad you're part of our lives.

Mandy Leigh said...

i know i'm a bit delayed...but that was a wonderful post