Thursday, December 24, 2009

Christmas Eve

It's nearly time for the Christmas Eve service to start. Philip has the oldest 3 over at church preparing for the service. Nathan and I are spending a little more time indoors before we make our way to the church.
I made the executive decision early this month that we would "draw names". For a variety of reasons ranging from intentionality, financial, and creative I thought this would be a good idea for us.
Here's the listing:
Nathan drew me.
Ryan drew Nathan.
Emma drew Philip.
Peter drew Ryan.
Philip drew Peter.

I have marveled at the conversations that have been going on around me for the last week as the kids have talked (secretly) about what they thought the other would like. My favorite has been Ryan's. Upon finding out that he drew Nathan's name immediately Ryan declared," I'll get Nathan a paci. He loves his paci.". He wasn't deterred either when he arrived at Walmart with the assignment of buying a gift for Nathan. It was a new paci that he picked out.
Actually, all the gifts that were picked out were thoughtful and sweet. I look forward to tomorrow when they are able to give to each other what they picked out.

3 comments:

Mollie said...

Wait, who did you draw? Emma?

DeAnne said...

Not only did I forget to mention that, I forgot to wrap and give my gift to her. Thanks for reminding me, Mollie! Emma hasn't noticed yet.

Philip said...

oooohhhh, i'm goin' tell it!