Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Happy Birthday

Today is Peter's birthday. He's fast asleep by now and I'm still reflecting on the past 6 years. I can't believe my first born is now 6. I can still remember the events leading up to the "big day" very clearly. The birth of each of my children will always be special but Peter's was first and there is so much anxiety, fear and anticipation with the first. He has grown and changed so much this year and it's happened all under my nose. I, again, am thankful that we have chosen the path of homeschooling because I have watched, studied, laughed, cried, played, hugged, disciplined, tickled, snuggled, and loved him more than any other person in his life. Admittedly, there are days when I wonder if it's too late to put him on the school bus that turns around in our churches parking lot. Thankfully, those are just fleeting thoughts and soon I return to being thankful for having him with me.These are the friends that Peter wanted to invite for his birthday supper. We had his favorite and requested Chicken and Pastry with a Chocolate cake and white icing.

Happy Birthday Peter! We love you.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Sure wish I had been there, Peter! It looks like a great party. And I bet that chicken and pastry was wonderful!! How does it feel to big 6? I wonder what new things you'll learn to do?? Can't wait for Sunday night!!! Love ya'
Granny

Ashley Ayscue said...

Thanks for letting us come. It was great. Good food too!
Thanks DeAnna
Ashley Ayscue