Tuesday, January 22, 2013

A new season

One week ago we told Peter that if he could save up $100 we would split the purchase of an Ipod Touch. After lots of conversations with others and between Philip and I, we realized that it was just time. Our precious is growing up and before we know it he'll be in middle school. Although he's still 10 and to me it is still very young, I realize that if he's going to make it in the real world he needs to know how to navigate the electronic world.

I am not ready for video games to invade our family time. I'm not ready for my 3 year old to be exposed to the concept of not waiting patiently but being given a game to play to pass the time in the Doctor's office. However, I must admit that the more I learn about this device the cooler it sounds! I hope that I get a turn using it. Meanwhile, Peter had far more money in savings that we realized. Combine with that and Christmas money and a few odd jobs, it took him less than a week to save up. However, the wait for the Ipod to arrive was arduous for him. When we saw the FedEx truck pass our house, he was sure that his package was on his truck. So he waited outside for a long while to no avail! However, the postal service brought the package to our mailbox this afternoon.

No comments: