Saturday, September 15, 2012

swimming

While I was lost in the blogging abyss, I neglected to document a monumental milestone. It all happened at the swimming pool. This summer was my summer in which I had arrived as a pool mom. I invested in one of those floaty things that goes over their arms and around their chest and buckles in the back. I obviously forgotten what they are called however, I would encourage everyone to buy one! Nathan could swim all over the place with this handy device and I could watch from the pool side. It was lovely. Until, we happened to be swimming the same time a swim lesson was going on and he noticed that there were little people only slightly bigger than him that were swimming without floats. He wanted to take off his float and start swimming himself. Three visits later we have this little fish on our hands.
Although my days pool side are over since he refuses to wear his floats anymore, I am certainly proud of my little guy for teaching himself how to swim.

No comments: