Monday, June 13, 2011

Nathan's 2


It's so hard to believe that two years have gone by and my baby is now 2. After he arrived in our arms two years ago, we were torn between the names Daniel and Nathan. Nathan means "a gift from God". I knew that his presence in our life had already been a gift so it just made sense; he would be Nathan. After two years, he continues to live up to his name.
He loves life. He claps like crazy when he's happy. His entire body moves as he claps. He is a sweet boy. He loves babies and wants to hold everyone he sees whether we know them or not.

Although the independence and opinions are beginning to be vocalized, I continue to speak into his little being that he is a gift! Although he doesn't speak with full sentences, he has mastered using the potty! Although he can't quite keep up, he never tires of playing with his siblings. Remarkably they have yet to tire of him either- mostly.
We drink a lot of water at this house. Although Nathan had his own camelbak sippy cup, he much preferred grazing off his siblings camelbaks. So I felt it was time for him to run with the big dogs and have his own. A good friend of mine said recently, "If I was guaranteed to have a boy as sweet as Nathan, I would have another in a heart beat.". I have to say, I couldn't agree with her more. He is a gift and keeper in my book. Happy birthday sweet boy.

1 comment:

tduncan said...

He's a gift to more than just your family! Thank you for sharing him with us :)