Tuesday, February 15, 2011

tattered and torn

After being in our living room for 12 and 1/2 years, bearing the brunt of 4 kids and countless people who have sat upon or even slept upon, our couch has torn.Its' not just any couch, to me it holds precious memories. It is a visual reminder of how God provides even the smallest of details to those whom He loves. I bought this couch just a few months before Philip and I were married. I bought my first piece of adult furniture with money my grandparents had given to me upon graduation from college. I bought this couch at the first place I stopped to look for couches. When I walked into the doors of the furniture store that was literally a few doors down from Philip's house, the owner said to me, "Today's your lucky day. Anything you want is 50% off". Seriously- I asked. I knew I needed to take advantage of this and was determined to find a couch. So, I'm attached! Emotionally attached to this couch. When I looked down a few weeks ago and saw that it was torn, not just in one place but in 3 places, it was crisis mode. I wasn't ready for a new couch. This one holds way too many memories. It's just right. It's the couch I sleep on when we have guests join us. It's the couch that ever so often I get to take a nap on. I wasn't ready to throw it to the curb.
Thankfully, Philip's mother came to my rescue. She saved my couch and extended it's life. Silly, I know, it's just a couch. But I do love this couch.

No comments: